Re: Problem with PHSNA.exe

N5IB

Hi Tony,

I'm not sure I recall running the PHSNA.exe under WinXP... I know I have used it with Win7, Win8, and Win10 both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Someone might chime in with a confirmation about XP. I suppose it's possible that the run-time environment for a Visual Basic task might have to be tended to. VBrun300.dll comes to mind.

Be sure to read Nick's "PHSNA User's Guide 1r40.pdf" which is to be found in the "Windows PHSNA" folder in the files area. Page 2 describes the five files that are needed. There are two Arduino sketches and one .exe file, plus a couple of support txt files for parameters and memories. All of those files are located in that same folder.

In particular, the Arduino sketch that must be loaded in order to use the Windows application is not the same one that is loaded when using Term-232 to communicate with the Arduino.

It also looks like you're not using the latest version of  PHSNA.exe,

Jim, N5IB

---In PHSNA@..., <anthonyjaques94@...> wrote :Hello all,
   Firstly; It is several weeks since I  joined this group, and I have
spent a lot of time reading through  the posted messages. So a general
thank you is due to all those  who have created such a treasure trove,
and made it possible for me to tackle this project. Thank you all very
much.

   Unfortunately my first posting is a request for more help!

   Firstly I should mention that I have made the Rev 7.02 PCB, i.e.
the one with the Type 2 DDS module and an Arduino UNO. The combination
of milliwatt meter and PHSNA works well. I have loaded V3.02a of the
Arduino software, and V3.0.0.0 of Term232.exe). I do see the results,
but I can not graph them yet because I do no have the Microsoft bloatware,
and I have got nowhere trying to make the Kingsoft spreadsheet produce
sensible graphs. (not tried Open Office yet though.)
   The problem is that I was hoping to use the Windoze program that is
available in the files section. Unfortunately when run it stops with
and error msg.box:
   "The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135). OK to
terminate."
   The version of PHSNA.exe is 1.0.0.0.

   I am using Windoze XP + Service pack 3.