Re: xtal issues?

vasilyivanenko@...

Great news Vern.  Now with MCUs both fast and cheap,  the double edge sword -- the  software and hardware parts of instrument fidelity looms.

I know you'll enjoy your lab receiver.

Measurement receivers provide great learning. I spent much of last week studying perhaps the holy grail "measurement receiver" from circa 1980  ---  the HP3586A/B/C.  A Programmable Selective Level Meter (Wave Analyzer) with synthesized tuning. From the synthesizer [ pretty good phase noise for a fractional synth back in the day] to the 20 Hz and 400 Hz wide xtal filters, I still marvel at this engineering and have copied some of the circuits into my notebook for future consideration.

Best!
V/T