From: "vasilyivanenko@... [PHSNA]" <PHSNA@...>
Date: 5/2/2016 4:44 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: PHSNA@...
Subject: [PHSNA] Re: xtal issues?

Hi Vern

Since this doesn't happen with other xtals, we'll assume your measurement deck is OK.

Spurs in crystals occurs more often than not, however, some crystal batches show poorly. I had 1 set of 4.952 MHz xtals where multiple spurs lie 50 KHz apart up from center when swept in a tracking gen and spectrum
analyzer set-up.

 My sweeps skirt looked jagged on the high side of Fs in my homebrew sweep system.  I ordered another batch. They were fine and I threw the others in the rubbish.