Re: An SNA based on AD9851 AD8307 and any 8051 based u Controller in Assembly

George N2APB

Hi,

Nice work.  Would love to see the details of your SA.  Have coded many years on the 8051 processor, exclusively in assembly language, and still enjoy it very much.

Sounds like you might now have heard of the project extension that took the PHSNA to the next level.  Check out the SNA Kit at http://midnightdesignsolutions.com/sna/ and on the NAT-SNA group on Yahoo.

73, George N2APB

Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 12:37 PM
To: PHSNA@...
Subject: [PHSNA] Re: An SNA based on AD9851 AD8307 and any 8051 based u Controller in Assembly

Thanks Gary,

It's Ok. It is not a lot of work for me. I pulled most of the  the routines from  my personal library, written over the last ten years. the custom routines took no more than 10 15 hours of writing & debugging. I make a living writing SW for Embedded systems. The last of my jobs flies at over 6K meters above MSL.

Have tried but just can not get along with C. I have tried learning to use the beagleBone and the Cubie but just cannot get along ( can't understand zip ). Besides I can zip out Assy code faster than it takes to say "zip" I know it is ridiculed by most "writers" of C but that is the way I am.

Which controller on the Arduino board? I have started writing ( forced to, actually ) Assemby for the Thumb. Is Arduino based on the Thumb core?

I did not understand what you meant by wanting to see me add the graphic display to the PHSNA?

Join PHSNA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.