Re: Last call for experimenter boards

N5IB

The requests for experimenter boards are closing in on the century mark.
With this many boards (and $$), I don't want to risk messing it up - hi - so I'm going to get a batch of 10 made, and verify that everything looks and fits like I want it to. Then I'll make the bulk order.

This means the proto batch will be about 3 weeks away, and the rest of them about three weeks after that. Sorry for the extra delay, but I want to be sure its a good product.

Now for some interesting news... Dick (K9IVB) discovered that the QRP-Labs synthesizer module that uses the Si5351A chip has a pinout that is close enough to the Type II DDS that it can be plugged into the Experimenter Board in place of the Type II. There are a couple of "be careful to do this" caveats and no doubt a bit of software fiddling, but it looks fairly straightforward.

I am creating a folder in the Files area Experimenter Board for Type II DDS and Arduino NANO to house the info about the board. And I will shortly post there a PDF document with schematics and notes as well as board images. The schematics will show how the QRP-Labs module can work. Many thanks to Dick for his research and producing the compatibility diagram.

Reply to    n5ib (at) juno (dot) com    if you want an experimenter board(s)