Re: Last call for experimenter boards

N5IB

The requests for experimenter boards are closing in on the century mark.
With this many boards (and $$), I don't want to risk messing it up - hi - so I'm going to get a batch of 10 made, and verify that everything looks and fits like I want it to. Then I'll make the bulk order.

This means the proto batch will be about 3 weeks away, and the rest of them about three weeks after that. Sorry for the extra delay, but I want to be sure its a good product.

Now for some interesting news... Dick (K9IVB) discovered that the QRP-Labs synthesizer module that uses the Si5351A chip has a pinout that is close enough to the Type II DDS that it can be plugged into the Experimenter Board in place of the Type II. There are a couple of "be careful to do this" caveats and no doubt a bit of software fiddling, but it looks fairly straightforward.

I am creating a folder in the Files area Experimenter Board for Type II DDS and Arduino NANO to house the info about the board. And I will shortly post there a PDF document with schematics and notes as well as board images. The schematics will show how the QRP-Labs module can work. Many thanks to Dick for his research and producing the compatibility diagram.

Jim, N5IB

Reply to    n5ib (at) juno (dot) com    if you want an experimenter board(s)

Join PHSNA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.