SSNA

glenn percy

I took a look at the design of the SSNA and was wondering if the 2N5109 could be replaced with a suitable MMIC device, as an alternative footprint on the PCB?.

Perhaps in the USA, parts are easy to find, but the 2N5109 is virtually unobtanium here.

Similar with some of the resistor values used in the pads. Many of the axial  resistor values are not available here in VK. We only have 2 "hobby" type electronic stores here where you can buy basic components. Alternatives like Mouser, Digikey etc have very high shipping costs to us and also minimum purchase order costs.

Glenn

vk3pe

.