Re: Arduino UNO digital I/O

Nick Kennedy

Oops, well I'm talking beyond my knowledge level here.  I was thinking of the standard LCD Hitachi interface.  I guess we'd be thinking TFT or something for the graphical screen.  Not sure what the standards are there for I/O.

I took a quick look at Adafruit and I see one that requires 14 (!) lines, but another that uses SPI says it just needs 4 or 5 digital pins to send data to the display.

Regarding multiplexing pins, I'm looking at my PIC log power board and I see that I have one pin that's used for data out to the LCD and for UART transmit, while another has three uses:  data to LCD, UART receive, and DDS clock.