Re: Files clean-up in Windows PHSNA folder

Nick Kennedy

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Pravinkumar nivar_p@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

                             It is good at last the unnecessary files are deleted and clutter is avoided .

I got rid of all the .exe and .ino files that aren't needed.  I think there's a good reason to leave the old versions for a short time, in case there's an unforeseen bug or incompatibility with a certain system. But after a couple weeks, they should go.

  Also please combine those two files (PHSNA-VB.ino and morse.ino ) into a single folder so that it may be easier for new members like me to work with it.

This would introduce some added complexity as I don't think Yahoo Groups allows nested folders and I want everything needed for the Windows PHSNA software to be in one folder.  I could put the two in a common folder and then zip it and add the zip, but again you remove some complexity and add some more back.

To help users who are totally new to Arduino, I added a file called ARDUINO_HOW_TO.TXT with some very basic step by step info.  Of course it's impossible to cover every problem that could crop up.

A kind request to those who are responsible for the software portion of the PHSNA - please make the code as user friendly as possible so that those without much exposure to the intricacies of the software can also easily use it and realise the system without doing research how to manage the code itself!

There is no requirement to do anything with the source code but load it into the Arduino IDE and send it to the Arduino.  The main file does have a comment regarding changing the flag for AD9850 versus AD9851.  This is not mandatory and is only there because I wanted the DDS/Arduino portion of the hardware to come up running on a defined frequency even without the Windows program.

Hope all will take it in a good spirit. Once again thanks for all contributors for their time,efforts and kind graciousness without which the PHSNA might not have born.

Regards,
AB9XC
(Pravin)