From: "kennnick@... [PHSNA]"
To: PHSNA@...
Sent: Sunday, February 1, 2015 9:08 AM
Subject: [PHSNA] Files clean-up in Windows PHSNA folder

First, I made a slight revision to the Windows version User's Guide which is now called "PHSNA User's Guide 1r35a.PDF".  This document includes a discussion of which source files must be compiled and sent to the Arduino to make it work with the Windows version of PHSNA, and some of the file names weren't accurate.  So that was just a minor correction.

Secondly, I'd like to delete all of the outdated source code and executable files from the folder.  Although they are marked "archival", I can see how the whole process of selecting and processing the right files could be confusing enough for a newcomer without having the extra junk in the folder. So if I don't hear any strong objections, I'll get rid of the clutter later today.

Let me just revisit what this folder is for and what's in it.

PHSNA exists in several flavors including the original version where the Arduino talks to a terminal program on a PC or any other hardware platform, then the version in which the Arduino talks to a Windows application running on a PC.  There's also the NAT portable device which now has its own Yahoo group, I think.  And there could be even more I'm forgetting.  Add to that the variations in hardware and I can see how a newby could have a hard time figuring out where to grab on.  (Jim has some good guidance in his PDFs on the site though.)

Now, where was I?  Oh yeah, all the files needed to run the Windows version of PHSNA are located in the folder Windows PHSNA.

The windows program is called PHSNA.exe.  No installation is required; you just run it.  It has two small text files containing user preferences and calibration info:  Parameters.txt and memories.txt.  These go in the folder with the main file.

Along with that, the Arduino source file PHSNA_VB.ino must be compiled in your Arduino IDE and sent to the Arduino.  One additional source file called Morse.ino must be located in the folder with PHSNA_VB.ino.

Simple, eh?