Re: PHSNA DDS60

Nick Kennedy

Hi & welcome to the group,

I'd forgotten about that RESET pin and had to take a look at the source.  I see it just gets pulsed one time in the source code, in the start-up routine.  So it shouldn't hurt anything if it pulses pin 11 and there's nothing connected to it.

As far as the control byte, yes it will get set correctly at run time -- you don't have to change anything.  There's the opportunity to choose the chip type in the parameters.txt file, and you can also do it from the operating screen of PHSNA.

Regards,

Nick, WA5BDU

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Pravinkumar nivar_p@... [PHSNA] <PHSNA@...> wrote:

Hi Nick,
                           I have some questions regarding the PHSNA_VC_1r2 . I am relatively new to this group and thanks to Jim I received a full set of PCBs recently. I am in the process of assembling it and just uploaded your above code to the NANO . While modifying the same for AD9851 I have following questions

1. #define RESET 11      // Pin 11 - connect to reset pin (RST). 
    Since AD9851 is not having a RESET pin what to do with the above code?

2. byte ctrl_byte = 0x01; // control byte for DDS.  Default AD9851 but download    
                                                                                              actual via serial with PI
   I am not sure whether any modification is required in the code or will it come as a default as the code runs? 

Also confirm the above is the latest version as of now available?

Thanks for your time.

With regards,
(Pravin)
AB9XC

Join PHSNA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.