Re: Sweep Response Results After Completing All Calibrations

Nick Kennedy

Your compensated output should be 0 dBm across the full frequency range if compensation is working correctly.  So it depends on your actual output, how far it is from actual.  If your actual output is around -12 dBm, then the compensated would be 12 dB above that and your result would not be surprising.

I'd think you'd do the slope / intercept first.  Compensation shouldn't really make a lot of difference in the process though, since slope / intercept is done at a single frequency.  But the shift to 0 dBm could throw you off.  The Windows PHSNA lets you choose to display compensated or non-compensated, so I don't think you'd have to set the constants to zero, but it seems to make more sense to me to do the slope / intercept first.