Arduino UNO digital I/O

N5IB

I've been puzzling over how to configure the SSNA so at least it doesn't **prevent** the addition of a display. Better Arduino heads than mine may be needed for advice and counsel here.

I'm going under the presumption that the UNO has 14 digital I/O lines available. The DDS interface uses 4 (D8 - D11 at this time, but that can change).

Most LCD displays (parallel interface) need 8 data lines, an enable, a read/write line, and a clock. That adds up to 15. That may preclude the addition of a parallel display on the UNO. Of course a (more costly)  serial LCD would solve that problem. And the serial TX and RX lines are not used by the SSNA.