Placer County Sheriff's Search & Rescue Communications Unit PCSARComm@groups.io
Group DescriptionThe Communications Unit, consisting of about 20 volunteers, is responsible for search communications. Formed in the early 1960's, they maintain and operate the Sheriff's Communications Vehicle which is often used as a search command post in the field. They communicate with SAR personnel in the field as well as Sheriff's Dispatch and Allied Agencies. They are responsible for all SAR communications equipment including hand-held radios and repeaters. They maintain and operate an extensive system of Amateur Radio and GMRS Repeaters which are used to supplement SAR frequencies and to coordinate search resources en-route to the search area.
- 17 Members
- 913 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.