Topics

Digital Amateur Television

Jose

Our good friends at RTL-SDR do it again.

They have posted an article on digital amateur radio TV.  The setup uses two Raspberry Pi's, the Lime SDR Mini and a standard RTL-SDR dongle.  One RPi has the a camera, and takes the camera stream, encodes into DVB-T then to I/Q where the Lime SDR picks it up and transmits on 1.2 GHz.

On the other side, we have another RPi with an RTL dongle receiving on 1.2 GHz, then taking the I/Q stream, and reversing the process to come up with a video stream.

This is real time digital video transmission folks - 1080p, no slow scan here.

Here's the link:

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/a-pocket-datv-transmitter-and-receiver-with-raspberry-pi-limesdr-mini-and-rtl-sdr/

73,

Joe de VA3POR