Topics

Highlights of the monthly San Joaquin Marsh walk - 12 JAN

Jeff Bray

We had a fantastic turn out for the walk at the marsh this morning. Well over 30 folks showed up and saw and/or heard 84 species. Huge thanks to Garrett Lepper for helping me out with crowd control and getting people on birds. And a big thanks to those that brought scopes as well.

Some highlights, a Bonaparte's Gull was on Pond 1. Two White-tailed Kites were seen over the UCI marsh, one of them wasn't pleased with a nearby Red-tailed Hawk (which appeared to be a dark-morph juvenile). A good showing of ducks on the ponds. We missed Ring-necked and Canvasback (someone said they saw some earlier on Pond 2) and the Hooded Mergansers were a no-show on the creek at the walk bridge. All-in-all, a great morning of birding. Thanks to those that came out.

Below is an eBird list of birds seen and/or heard.

**If you were on the walk and want to have the list shared with your eBird, click the link below and it should allow you to "accept" it to your account.

Cheers!

--
Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA