Topics

Gilman Park - 6 OCT

Jeff Bray

Bruce Aird and I spent a few hours this morning at the Gilman Park, hoping for some new migrants, but didn't find anything that hasn't already been reported.  We had the continuing LUCY'S and TENNESSEE warblers along the creek. YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS were oppressive, numbers easily could have been well over 200, but it's really hard to guess. It seemed almost every tree in the park, at any given time, had 3-5 birds in view. TOWNSEND'S and BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERS were sprinkled throughout the mix as well. A "Myrtle" Yellow-rumped and a "Gray-headed" Orange-crowned provided some more diversity. Mike Huang found the continuing BLACKPOLL WARBLER at the bathing spot along the creek after we left.

List here with a few pics: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60399580

Cheers,

--
Jeff Bray