Topics

Ebird report of Dusky-capped Flycatcher

Trish G

Birders,

For those of you who do not subscribe to Ebird, I woke this morning to find in my daily rare bird alert, a report from Tom Miko of Dusky-capped Flycatcher at Mile Square park. If anyone is around the park today, I have linked a copy of his checklist to share with others if you need something to chase.

Jim Pike did report seeing this species about 10 days ago, so maybe it's wintering very secretively.
I also know Tom very very very often posts RFI's for bird info., so I was a little surprised he was not as quick to share this info. and details with others.
Happy birding. And of course, If anyone does find this bird, please share to the group.

--

Trish Gussler, Anaheim
https://www.flickr.com/photos/trishrg/

tgmiko@gmail.com

As my son used to say when he was 4 years old: It was an akskident.
I was at the northeast corner of the park, hearing the Dusky capped Flycatcher, when Tom Wurster called me and told me "You're standing in the wrong part of the park." Suspecting that what he means is I better get to the place he's describing if I want to see the Greater Pewee, I better run to my car and drive over to the correct part of the park which was 1.41421356237 miles away (walking distance, as opposed to 2.000000 miles driving distance). I closed out eBird list I was working on so that wouldn't count mileage while I'm driving a car. I didn't realize that I had failed to put it into eBird. When I got to the Peewee location I told a couple of people and I was under the assumption that others would return to the exact opposite corner of the park and hear it or see the Dusky capped Flycatcher.
Trish, your complaint is valid.

Thomas Geza Miko
Claremont, LA County
909.241.3300