Topics

Brown Thrasher continues at Aurora Park

Trish G

This afternoon between squalls, around 1:15 myself and one other birder viewed the bird at the top of the large pepper tree from midway along the ramp that leads between upper and lower levels of the park. I had seen it shortly before that slinking around between shrubs.
The bird is extremely sketchy, so my unsolicited advice would be to anyone looking for it, just stand quietly and wait for it.

--

Trish Gussler, Anaheim
https://www.flickr.com/photos/trishrg/

Trish G

I just noticed something looking thru my photos, that was not obvious to me in the field.
This bird seems to have a single tail feather. Moult?
I recall a year ago, there was a BRTH in LA at malage park that I chased that also had no tail, or only a single feather. At the time there was suspicion (by me, and maybe some others?) that the bird had been got by cats, as someone had left feeders out all over the place. Now I'm puzzled, since this OC bird looks the same.
Anyhow, wondering if anyone more experienced with these birds has any thoughts. Like maybe the likelihood this could be that same bird?  Or do these birds have tails, and I just don't see it?
I dunno, just weird.

Pics of current bird here.

Pics of LA bird in my checklist from May 12, 2018