Topics

BROWN THRASHER Aurora Park Maybe

Mike Sanders

With only a narrow window of time to search, I made a predawn attempt at the Brown Thrasher.  I did not see it, but I heard a spontaneous and brief series of “chup” calls at 0620 in the vicinity of 33.62549,-117.65440.  I think this is close to yesterday’s location by Maury’s description.
The quality of these calls were harsher, and louder than the surrounding Hermit Thrush calls.  I think what I heard is good for the bird given my experience with Browns as a yard bird for the last 3 years in NE Texas.

Good luck,

--
Mike Sanders
Trabuco Canyon