Topics

Brown Thrasher

Maury Swoveland

This morning around 9:00AM I found what I thought was an American Pipit at Aurora Park in Mission Viejo. Near Alicia and Via Aurora, on Via Guadix. The bird after looking in Sibley and checking with Ryan Winkleman is a Brown Thrasher. This is only the 7th record for Orange County and the first since 1993. The bird was located on the winding path that leads down to the lower level of the park, about 1/2 way down the ramp. There is a grassy area bordered by bushes and that is where the bird was observed. Sorry about the the delay, lots of pictures today and just got to it.

Maury Swoveland
Mission Viejo

Maury Swoveland

Finally figuring this out. Here is a link to pictures of the bird.

Jeff Bray

The Brown Thrasher continues this morning. Seen under a large pepper tree near the link below. We had it around 7:25 or so. It showed for about 2 minutes then vanished.

Dropped pin
Near Mission Viejo, CA 92691

Cheers
Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

--
Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

socal_musiclover

Good morning,

Hope it stays for a few days

Pewee found on fence of shed just now

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:43 AM, Jeff Bray <jbray4913@...> wrote:

[...]

Don Hoechlin

Brown Thrasher today at Aurora Park , photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/46984141@N04/shares/6633Cg
Don Hoechlin.        RMV

Pete Gordon

All,

The bird continues at Aurora Park.  Mostly seen around the Spanish Pepper. Tree.

Good looks foraging on the ground under the tree at 4 pm.

Pete Gordon
Foothill Ranch

--

Pete Gordon