Re: Great Horned Owls in Central Park

Joseph Bove

Going to Huntington Central Park this afternoon, and would like to point out Great Horned Owls to my grandson. Has anyone seen them there lately? Are they still in a tree near the library?

Joe Bove
Fountain Valley
To: sandy_koonce@...; OrangeCountyBirding@...
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:24 PM
Subject: RE: [OrangeCountyBirding] Burris Sage Thrasher

The aforementioned Sage Thrasher is still present this afternoon (Feb 16), foraging on the ground near the row of mulefat, near where the chain link fence ends and the black metal fence begins.

Tom Benson
San Bernardino, CA

-----Original Message-----
Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:13:11 pm
To: mailto:OrangeCountyBirding%40yahoogroups.com
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Burris Sage Thrasher

At the Anaheim Cove/Burris pit location this morning, I was unable to relocate the Red-necked Grebe, but I did find a SAGE THRASHER. It was in the willows along the edge of the water east of the parking area.

Sandy

Sandy Koonce
Department of Mathematics
University of Redlands, Redlands, CA
mailto:sandy_koonce%40redlands.edu

------------------------------------

Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own risk. Please consult the standard reference books for proper bird identification & currently accepted names. Please do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in lieu of names. Both scientific and/or common names of birds are acceptable.

All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California (nowhere else!). Your posts must include both a clear subject line *and* your name *and your city of residence*. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the sender put on moderated status. Repeat offenders will be banned.

To search for a bird discussed in past

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join OrangeCountyBirding@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.