Re: Huntington Central Park (east side) more Tennessee

Joseph Bove

I think I had a Chestnut-sided Warbler, around 10 a.m. this morning, approximately 750 feet west of the restroom, not far from the wooded area. Has anyone else seen it there?

--- On Sun, 10/10/10, Rick 'Proto-rustie' <tiorick@...> wrote:

From: Rick 'Proto-rustie' <tiorick@...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Re: Huntington Central Park (east side) more Tennessee
To: OrangeCountyBirding@...
Date: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 10:43 PM

Hi, Sunday morning 9 a.m. there was a Tennessee Warbler continuing near the uphill bathroom in a tree on top of the hill, overlooking the amphitheater. Later on I ran into Steve and Bruce mentioned in Jim's note and Vic Leipzig. We refound a Chestnut-sided Warbler in the west side of the Jack Green nature area as mentioned in Jim's note. We went back to the amphitheater area later between 12 and 1 PM refound or found another Tennessee Warbler, this time down the hill to the north and east in the area alongside the oil company (Chevron?) fence. Other birds along the way included many Townsend's, OC and YR Warblers a couple of Black-Throated Gray Warblers, Nashville Warbler, Western Wood Peewee, Hutton's Vireo, Ruby Crowned Kinglets, Warbling Vireo, Western Tanager, Pacific Slope Flycatcher, a possible pair of Lincoln Sparrows.

Rick Shearer

Fountain Valley

--- In OrangeCountyBirding@..., "Jim" <jpike44@...> wrote:

Hi,
The continuing Tennessee Warbler was near the uphill bathroom and wooden amphitheater at HCP this morning. In the eucalyptus grove WSW of the 'island', there was a Red-breasted Nuthatch. Doug Willick found a new Tennessee Warbler and the continuing Chestnut-sided Warbler in alders and box elders along the west side of the Jack Green nature area. And Steve Sosensky and Bruce Aird had a Summer Tanager along the Verizon fence near the Slater Street parking lot.
Jim Pike
HB