From: Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2022 11:58:18 AM
To: Gisele Schoene <giseleschoene@...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Dead birds

I was told by CDFW several years ago that the carcasses are left as (hopeful) deterrents against more birds coming in and preying on the tern nests.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022, 11:45 AM Gisele Schoene <giseleschoene@...> wrote:
There are 5 dead black birds, I am assuming crows, inside the least tern nesting area in Huntington Beach. All within 25 SQ ft area, close to the gate.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
Gisele
Costa Mesa