Mew Gull - Santa Ana River (Anaheim) 5 Jan

Jeff Bray

There was a Mew Gull just upstream of the 91 Freeway this morning along the Santa Ana River. It wasn't there on my first pass, but as I was returning, it was. There were two adult Herring Gulls with the Mew. Other birds there were a dark morph Red-tailed Hawk, An adult Bald Eagle (was perched in the pines at Lakeview) and a Merlin atop a utility pole. I didn't see any Common Merganser in the river (Maybe I should go to Bolsa? 🙄), sure seem to be a lot of people reporting them there, but strangely with no documentation...

Some photos on the checklist below:

Cheers!

--
Jeff Bray