Re: Greater Pewee Still Present at Mile Square as of 3:20 p.m.

James Bailey

The bird just returned to the regular spot as of 12:10. This is the spot near the red fence.
(33.7166767, -117.9429880)

James Bailey

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 12:14 PM, Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman@...> wrote:
I would suggest that those who are currently at Mile Square Regional Park be cautious with being satisfied by heard-only detections of this bird, given the possibility of birders playing tapes to find it. If there is anybody left who hasn't already found this bird and is going to look tomorrow, I'll at least be there around 0930 or so...

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 12:02 PM James Bailey <rivierastarsong@...> wrote:
The greater pewee was heard clearly by some roughly around 11am, in the pines around the parking lot adjacent to ball field 3 and restroom block 4.

However I’m not aware of any sight records since around 8am, where I hear it was seen at the “typical spot”, about 600 ft SW of ball field 3. These are two distinct locations for those still not sure.

James Bailey

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 7:59 AM, Ron Grabyan <rgrabyan@...> wrote:
Found again...7:45 am near red fence... same location as Jeff’s.
Ron Grabyan with Jim Hecht

,
Ron Grabyan

On Nov 30, 2019, at 3:53 PM, Terry Hill <terrynjohn@...> wrote:

I refound the Greater Pewee at Mile Square Park at about 2:50 p.m. today in its last reported location:  It was in the pine trees by the fence of ball field #3 across the street from picnic table #4.  There were no other birders present, but I was able to find it by its loud vocalizations and the pine trees previously mentioned.  It was still there when I left at 3:20 p.m.
--
Terry Hill
Huntington Beach

--