Zone-tailed hawk in Rancho Santa Margarita

Mark Girardeau

Today I observed a zone-tailed hawk soaring above the canyon adjacent to Santa Margarita Ford from about 12:20pm to about 1:00pm today 10/17/19. It could be the same one that shows up here the last 4-5 years around winter, I last observed it circling past Santa Margarita Pkwy and Alicia Pkwy where I lost sight of it. Last year it seemed to show up almost every day around the same time around 12-1 so maybe it'll do the same this time around. I work at the Ford dealer, feel free to park in the customer parking area and walk to the trail that parallels the canyon.

-Mark Girardeau
Mission Viejo, CA