Re: Bird trap on Aliso and Wood Canyon Trail

Alex Tolkachev

Thanks, Trude and all who replied!

I heard Brewer's Blackbird's calls from the cage, but the birds I photographed for my own record and confirmation did not look like BRBL. They must have been cowbirds, with a BRBL mixed in. So the trap is working. "Treated humanely", as others have explained, means euthanized. I wonder what makes the traps specifically target the cowbirds. Other than, as Marcus mentioned, placing cowbirds inside as bait. Sounds about right? Is that what they do at SJWS?

--
Alex Tolkachev, Irvine