Re: Wrentits

Ryan Winkleman

All,

As a follow-up to my post this morning about Wrentit reports north of Upper Newport Bay in eBird, I received an email from Sylvia Gallagher saying that she was birding at Huntington Central Park yesterday and heard a Wrentit clearly singing. Upon tracking down where the song came from, she found it was another birder playing a tape, presumably trying to find the recent reports from this locale. For this reason, I would suggest that any birders (eBird or not) who think they hear a Wrentit anywhere north of Upper Newport Bay on the OC coast actually try to get a sight record and photograph, which would be unprecedented.
--
Ryan Winkleman
Rancho Santa Margarita