Re: Getting in touch with a local birder

tgmiko@gmail.com

Alex,
People have been using their local bird lists for years for this purpose. It is totally legitimate.
Tom

On Wed, May 1, 2019, 10:06 AM Alex Tolkachev <atolkachev@...> wrote:
On eBird, it is easy to see who top birders for the area or are. It is not easy getting in touch with them. eBird made an interesting choice to disallow following and contacting individual birders. Great for privacy, not great for community building.

Until we get a group going on Facebook (and I hope we do), is it appropriate to ask here for a specific birder to contact me, or for birders who knows him personally to pass him a message?

Thanks!

--
Alex Tolkachev, Irvine