Re: Orange County NAB Winter 2018/2019

Ryan Winkleman

I'm wondering if anybody has any reports of Yellow-crowned Night-Herons in the county lately. I got a response yesterday that an adult bird was at Dana Point Harbor as recently as mid-February, but other than that I haven't heard anything since early January. Looking in eBird, it appears as if both Dana Point Harbor and Sunset Aquatic Marina have received scant attention from eBirders since early January.

I would appreciate any reports to the contrary and any documentation of Yellow-crowned Night-Herons still being present in Orange County. Given our record number of birds in the county in fall 2018 and last year in general, I was hoping they'd stick around this time...
--
Ryan Winkleman
Rancho Santa Margarita