Re: Bronze Mannikins anyone?

AOL

I’ve seen Bronze Mannikins at Huntington Central Park, but not recently.

Martin Fee
North Tustin

On Feb 13, 2019, at 3:32 PM, Alex Tolkachev <atolkachev@...> wrote:

Nutmeg Mannikins may be technically exotic, but I am getting used to seeing them. They are supposed to be abundant in Central Park and SJWS, I find mine in Aliso Viejo parks, trails and Soka University. Now, from an article on exotic species in SoCal, I learn about Bronze Mannikins, which are described as being similar to Nutmegs, but darker brown. Are most of you aware of and interested in them, and have you seen them lately? According to eBird maps, OC seems to be the only place in North America where Bronze Mannikins are found. Is this exciting, old news, or does it leave you cold because the little guys should not be here in the first place?
--
Alex Tolkachev, Irvine