Re: Bald Eagle in Newport Back Bay 2/8/2019

ritaphillips23@...

Hi,
I saw the eagle yesterday in the rain. It was hunting in the marsh and it perched on  a tree stump off of Vista Point (East Bluff near Jamboree) I didn’t see it today though. Beautiful bird! 🦅
Rita Phillips, Costa Mesa

On Feb 11, 2019, at 7:15 PM, DeeDee via Groups.Io <deedee4re@...> wrote:

I knew that number sounded familiar to me.  I just checked  my photos and I photographed the same Bald Eagle at the Back Bay February 21st, 2017!!

Has anyone seen this beauty today or yesterday?  I'll check tomorrow!

Here is the this juvenile in 2017.   I'm so glad he's doing well!  Click on the link and blow it up.  He's so magnificent!!

Cheers,

DeeDee Gollwitzer
Laguna Hills, CA

On ‎Friday‎, ‎February‎ ‎8‎, ‎2019‎ ‎06‎:‎26‎:‎03‎ ‎PM‎ ‎PST, Lam-Son Vinh <lamson.vinh@...> wrote:

Male Bald Eagle named Kanoa with wing tag A-96 was in Newport Back Bay, near the Vista Point at corner of Eastbluff Dr and Mountains to the Sea Trail & Bikeway.
Kanoa hatched at the Trap Canyon nest on the northern shore of Santa Rosa Island in 2014.
--
Lam-Son Vinh
Huntington Beach, CA