Orange County Birding: For Discussing and Sharing Local Bird Info OrangeCountyBirding@groups.io
Welcome to Orange County Birding, a discussion forum for wild birds and birding in Orange County, southern California, USA. A total of 489 bird species have been recorded in our county, including California's first records of White-tailed Tropicbird, Falcated Duck, Ivory Gull, Red-legged Kittiwake, Couch's Kingbird, Bridled Tern, Nutting's Flycatcher, and Tropical Parula, as well as other notable finds such as Groove-billed Ani, Sooty Tern, Common Pochard, and Olive-backed Pipit.
Allowable messages/files to this group include ORANGE COUNTY, CA birding reports, activities, or questions ONLY. We have ZERO tolerance for other activities and locations. Use no acronyms for birds/localities in your messages unless clearly defined upon first usage.
This forum is for discussion of all wild birds, both common species and rarities.
A signature is required at the end of every message you send. It must contain your first name, last name, and your city of residence.
To share out-of-area trips & sightings, use CalBirds or another appropriate county listserv.
The local chapter of the National Audubon Society is Sea & Sage Audubon. Most Audubon Society meetings involve birds and birding, and Sea and Sage holds a wide variety of field trips and events throughout the year. The Sea & Sage chapter has both a website and a Facebook page. Both are terrific resources for all birders.
Ryan Winkleman, Jeff Bray, and Tom Benson
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.