Topics

problem about ohpc integrate pbspro

"bill <1091262364@...>

Hi all:
     I've met  problems integrating ohpc with pbspro.
     1:  The information about my system list below:
           Software Info:
                             https://github.com/PBSPro/pbspro
                             https://github.com/PBSPro/ohpc
           Os         Info:
                             Centos 7.2
    2:   Problem list below:
    2.1: When I start pbs ,I met the problem list below:
      Starting PBS
      PBS Home directory /var/spool/pbs needs updating.
      Running /opt/ohpc/pub/pbs/libexec/pbs_habitat to update it.
      ***
      /opt/ohpc/pub/pbs/pgsql/pg_upgrade not found
      Failed to upgrade PBS Datastore
    2.2: When I finished propbs-server installing,I met the problem list below:
       *** Registering PBS Pro as a service.
      cp: cannot stat ‘/opt/ohpc/pub/pbs/libexec/pbs.service’: No such file or directory
      chmod: cannot access ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system//pbs.service’: No such file or directory

Edited

Hi Bill,

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in PBS Professional. We will do our best to address the issues you have encountered, and thank you for taking the time to report them. Our apologies for having missed your specific upgrade scenario. We'll do our best to correct this in the future.

For may years there have been an assumptions that PostgreSQL is a component of the PBS Pro package itself. Now that PBS Pro is open source, that assumption no longer holds true. We will endeavor to update the PostgreSQL upgrade process to accommodate this. You also appear to have identified an issue with pbs.service. We will address that as well. Thank you for your patience, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have further issues or wish to contribute to the solution.

Thank you,

Mike