Topics

CentOS aarch64 on Raspberry PI 3

DARDO ARIEL VIÑAS VISCARDI

Has anyone find out a way to run CentOS 7 on RP3?

I want to build a small cluster based on them and can't find a way to load Centos on aarch64

Alexandre Strube

I’m not sure you can use the aarch64 image for it, but you can you the minimal image made specifically for the raspberry pi 3:

--
[]
Alexandre Strube

Adrian Reber

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 03:04:36PM +0200, Alexandre Strube wrote:
I’m not sure you can use the aarch64 image for it, but you can you the
minimal image made specifically for the raspberry pi 3:

http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/armhfp/
That is 32bit only. What I did for a demo was to use CentOS 64 bit
aarch64 user-space and a Fedora 64 bit kernel which works with the
raspberry pi 3.

Adrian

dardo.vinas@...>:

Has anyone find out a way to run CentOS 7 on RP3?

I want to build a small cluster based on them and can't find a way to load
Centos on aarch64

DARDO ARIEL VIÑAS VISCARDI

Adrian!! I'm trying to build your guide: https://opensource.com/article/18/1/how-build-hpc-system-raspberry-pi-and-openhpc#comment-152896

How did you do this???

Adrian Reber

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 06:33:54AM -0700, DARDO ARIEL VIÑAS VISCARDI wrote:
Adrian!! I'm trying to build your guide: https://opensource.com/article/18/1/how-build-hpc-system-raspberry-pi-and-openhpc#comment-152896

How did you do this???
I downloaded the Fedora 27 64bit Raspberry Pi 3 image:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Raspberry_Pi#Raspberry_Pi_3_aarch64_support

Installed it and replaced all user space packages with the CentOS 7
aarch64 files. I do not actually remember, but I guess I was using rsync
with --delete. The whole process is not very pretty, but it worked for
me.

Adrian