OpenHPC Ubuntu

Mark Irvine

Hi

This might be a (very) silly question but as I have users who use ubuntu I will ask the question: Would it be possible to have an openhpc system based on ubuntu (or debien) ?  Or at least having some nodes under ubuntu with perhaps a separate queue ?

Thanks
Mark

Bash is bash. If they need to use software that is more readily available in one of these OS’s, why not put it into containers?

Alan

On Mar 30, 2018, at 2:20 AM, Mark Irvine <irvine@...> wrote:

Hi

This might be a (very) silly question but as I have users who use ubuntu I will ask the question: Would it be possible to have an openhpc system based on ubuntu (or debien) ?  Or at least having some nodes under ubuntu with perhaps a separate queue ?

Thanks
Mark

John Hearns <hearnsj@...>

MArk, I guess you have examined containerisation for these users?