Re: Cant run ICC on my compute nodes

Simba Nyamudzanga

The error you are getting might be because the path to the executables is not set, to check if the path is set use the command:

which mpirun
which icc
which mpiexec.hydra

If this does not show the path to the respctive executable try to configure the path to the executables by using:

export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/icc/executable/directory

Do the same for mpirun and mpiexec.hydra

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 2:58 PM, DARDO ARIEL VIÑAS VISCARDI <dardo.vinas@...> wrote:
I had a problem when I tried to run a test domain in WRF on my cluster.

 [prun] Error: Expected Job launcher mpiexec.hydra not found for impi

So I shh to my node, and try to run the command myself (after loading the intel and impi module)

icc
-bash: icc: command not found
mpiexec.hydra
-bash: mpiexec.hydra: command not found
mpirun
-bash: mpirun: command not found

Any idea why this happends? On my master I cant find the commands after loading the module (my master isn't acting as a compute node).

This is my slurm.conf config for the nodes:

# COMPUTE NODES
# OpenHPC default configuration
PropagateResourceLimitsExcept=MEMLOCK
AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/filetxt
Epilog=/etc/slurm/slurm.epilog.clean
NodeName=yaku04 Weight=100 Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=16 ThreadsPerCore=1 State=UNKNOWN
NodeName=yaku03 Weight=100 Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=16 ThreadsPerCore=1 State=UNKNOWN
NodeName=yaku02 Weight=100 Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=16 ThreadsPerCore=1 State=UNKNOWN
NodeName=yaku01 Weight=100 Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=16 ThreadsPerCore=1 State=UNKNOWN
NodeName=yaku Weight=10 Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=16 ThreadsPerCore=1 State=UNKNOWN
PartitionName=normal Nodes=yaku0[1-4] Default=YES MaxTime=24:00:00 State=UP PriorityTier=1
PartitionName=mono Nodes=yaku01 Default=NO MaxTime=4:00:00 State=UP PriorityTier=1
PartitionName=intensiva Nodes=yaku0[1-4] Default=NO MaxTime=UNLIMITED State=UP PriorityTier=1 PreemptMode=requeue
PartitionName=hipri Nodes=yaku0[1-4] Default=NO MaxTime=UNLIMITED State=UP PriorityTier=2 PreemptMode=off
PartitionName=Infiniband Nodes=yaku0[2-4] Default=NO MaxTime=UNLIMITED State=UP PriorityTier=2 PreemptMode=off
ReturnToService=1

Join OpenHPC-users@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.