Topics

Where are the olivia stations

Ross Biggar

Hi I am looking for Olivia stations, I can see/print on the screen a few stations which I have worked, but I need more.
I know I can access Europe easily, so where are all the Olivia stations in Europe. Hopefully not all of them have turned to FT8 ,
if so heaven help us. I need more in Canada, Mexico, and south America  and of course Africa.

Ross
ZL1wn

Robert Allbright

Well, there is always JS8 with a sensitivity down to -28db in Slow mode.
and one can have a proper keyboard qso😊
with type ahead
Jordan KN4CRD has done a great job and is still improving it.
Re FT8 yes, Heaven help us😠
73
Rob G3RCE

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 7:02 AM Ross Biggar <ross.biggar@...> wrote:
Hi I am looking for Olivia stations, I can see/print on the screen a few stations which I have worked, but I need more.
I know I can access Europe easily, so where are all the Olivia stations in Europe. Hopefully not all of them have turned to FT8 ,
if so heaven help us. I need more in Canada, Mexico, and south America  and of course Africa.

Ross
ZL1wn

Arthur Ulfeldt

I tend to be at 10.141 1500hz audio offset. Olivia 258/8

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 4:25 AM Robert Allbright <g3rce1@...> wrote:
Well, there is always JS8 with a sensitivity down to -28db in Slow mode.
and one can have a proper keyboard qso😊
with type ahead
Jordan KN4CRD has done a great job and is still improving it.
Re FT8 yes, Heaven help us😠
73
Rob G3RCE

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, 7:02 AM Ross Biggar <ross.biggar@...> wrote:
Hi I am looking for Olivia stations, I can see/print on the screen a few stations which I have worked, but I need more.
I know I can access Europe easily, so where are all the Olivia stations in Europe. Hopefully not all of them have turned to FT8 ,
if so heaven help us. I need more in Canada, Mexico, and south America  and of course Africa.

Ross
ZL1wn

Raul M0ZZM

Hi Arthur,

What time of the day are you normally there? Yesterday around 2330Z I was in a QSO with a station if Florida, we were 1 kHz down from the frequency you mentioned. At that time I could hear more stateside signals on 30m than on 40m.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 17:35, Arthur Ulfeldt <arthur@...> wrote:
[...]

Doug/KB8DNQ

I find most of my Olivia at 7071.5 and 14071.5.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 12:35 PM Arthur Ulfeldt <arthur@...> wrote:
[...]

N6WY

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 10:08 AM, Doug/KB8DNQ wrote:
I am new to Olivia and I think it is a great chat mode.  The only frequencies that I have made Olivia contacts are at 7071.5 and 14071.5.   From my QTH, these two frequencies are clear and I do not hear other modes using these frequencies.

Hey, group.

My mom just passed away, so I have been distracted from getting the new frequency list stuff done, and from getting on the air in any significant way.  Things will settle down by next week.

Thanks,

73 de Tomas, NW7US dit dit

https://QRZ.com/db/NW7US
Space weather and radio propagation editor for CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, and The Spectrum Monitor magazine.

+ YouTube: https://YouTube.com/NW7US
+ Social Media:
    - Twitter:  @NW7US = https://Twitter.com/NW7US
    - Facebook (As NW7US):  https://fb.me/NW7US