Topics

VK100AF special event call sign on Olivia

TheRubbersoul1991 .

Hello all

Just letting you all know my schedule for operating Olivia during the activation of VK100AF.  This call sign is to mark the centenary of the Royal Australian Air Force.  I will be active on the following days:

  • 6 March
  • 7 March
  • 8 March
  • 25 April
  • 6 May
  • 7 May
  • 8 May

I am also operating FT8 on the March and April dates above and given the usage I will no doubt be spending more time operating that mode.  However, I will be endeavouring to operate Olivia as much as possible.

To assist you finding me I will post on the Hamspots Olivia page when operating.  In all likelihood I will be concentrating on 20 and 15m, but will look around the WARC bands as well.

I will also be operating VI100AF, but at this stage I do not have dates for Olivia operations.  I will post that information if and when it comes to hand.

I believe I will be the only Olivia operator for these call signs.

I hope to work you soon.

73
Phil
VK8MC

Phil!

I am going to cross-post this to our Facebook group (link:   )

Also, can you please share the URL to:

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 1:58 AM TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io <rubbersoul1991=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

To assist you finding me I will post on the Hamspots Olivia page when operating.

If you would provide the link to that, it might prove useful.

We look forward to working with you in your activation of VK100AF!

--

73 de NW7US dit dit
"Mind your dits and dahs and the spaces between elements and words; be consistent with those lengths!"

..

Ah, I found the link, Phil.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 1:58 AM TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io <rubbersoul1991=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

To assist you finding me I will post on the Hamspots Olivia page when operating.

The link to the Hamspots Olivia page is:  https://hamspots.net/olivia/

And, the link to the Facebook group is:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/olivia.hf
(It did not post in my last message!)

73

--

73 de NW7US dit dit
"Mind your dits and dahs and the spaces between elements and words; be consistent with those lengths!"
SKCC Nr. 4758s / FISTS Nr. 7055 / LICW Nr. 653
NW7US on QRZ / NW7US on YouTubeTwitterFacebookBlog
Space weather and radio propagation editor for
      - CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, and,
      - The Spectrum Monitor magazine.

..

TheRubbersoul1991 .