Topics

VK100AF now on air - special event call sign

TheRubbersoul1991 .

Hello all
I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.
Beaming Eu.
100yrs Australian Airforce.
73
Phil
VK8MC

Raul M0ZZM

Hi Phil,

Copying you 539 s/n -8dB. Give me a call when you are free.

Raul M0ZZM

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 at 12:14, TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io <rubbersoul1991=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello all
I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.
Beaming Eu.
100yrs Australian Airforce.
73
Phil
VK8MC

Robert Allbright

Nothing copied
Rob
G3RCE

--
Sent from my
iPhone 11

Jim

I thought for a moment that I copied you but not sure.   Now all I hear is another mode that
is fairly strong, I think one of the "JT" types.   I'm up in the Boston MA area....will keep listening.
73 Jim W1JT

On 3/6/21 7:14 AM, TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io wrote:
Hello all
I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.
Beaming Eu.
100yrs Australian Airforce.
73
Phil
VK8MC

I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.

VE3EEI

I thought for a moment that I copied you but not sure.   Now all I hear is another mode that
is fairly strong, I think one of the "JT" types.   I'm up in the Boston MA area....will keep listening.
73 Jim W1JT

On 3/6/21 7:14 AM, TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io wrote:

Hello all
I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.
Beaming Eu.
100yrs Australian Airforce.
73
Phil
VK8MC

Jim

I think I can hear you but I have a VERY loud PSK signal just below you that is
drowning you out....I hope he stops sooner rather then later
Jim W1JT

On 3/6/21 9:13 AM, Paul via groups.io wrote:

I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.

VE3EEI

I thought for a moment that I copied you but not sure.   Now all I hear is another mode that
is fairly strong, I think one of the "JT" types.   I'm up in the Boston MA area....will keep listening.
73 Jim W1JT

On 3/6/21 7:14 AM, TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io wrote:

Hello all
I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.
Beaming Eu.
100yrs Australian Airforce.
73
Phil
VK8MC

I hear KF5DDV and KJ6OWI down around 500 Hz below the calling freq.

The band is open for OLIVIA!

VE3EEI

I thought for a moment that I copied you but not sure.   Now all I hear is another mode that
is fairly strong, I think one of the "JT" types.   I'm up in the Boston MA area....will keep listening.
73 Jim W1JT

On 3/6/21 7:14 AM, TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io wrote:

Hello all
I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.
Beaming Eu.
100yrs Australian Airforce.
73
Phil
VK8MC

Raul M0ZZM

Hi Jim,

I heard you calling, your signal was pretty good. I couldn't engage as I started a QSO with a station local to me.

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 at 14:13, Paul via groups.io <rockgop=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.

VE3EEI

I thought for a moment that I copied you but not sure.   Now all I hear is another mode that
is fairly strong, I think one of the "JT" types.   I'm up in the Boston MA area....will keep listening.
73 Jim W1JT

On 3/6/21 7:14 AM, TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io wrote:

Hello all
I am calling CQ on 14.0729 in 8/250.
Beaming Eu.
100yrs Australian Airforce.
73
Phil
VK8MC

TheRubbersoul1991 .

Thanks everyone for listening out.  I managed three contacts into Eu, including Raul.

I will be on 20m again 07/03 at 0700 utc beaming long path to Eu.

This evening (my time) from about 1100 beaming short path.

I will spot myself on the cluster when I start calling CQ.

73
Phil
VK8MC op. for VK100AF

I might be up (0700 UTC is my local 2:00 AM), so I want to listen for you (or, rather, watch for you on the waterfall).  Can you tell me your center frequency and tone/bandwidth selected?  I'll have my software set there so I can see if there's any print on your signals here into Ohop (EM89ad, see https://www.karhukoti.com/maidenhead-grid-square-locator/?grid=EM89ad ).

20210307_NW7US-EM89ad.jpg

73 de NW7US

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 11:06 PM TheRubbersoul1991 . via groups.io <rubbersoul1991=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I will be on 20m again 07/03 at 0700 utc beaming long path to Eu.

This evening (my time) from about 1100 beaming short path.

I will spot myself on the cluster when I start calling CQ.

--

73 de NW7US dit dit
"Mind your dits and dahs and the spaces between elements and words; be consistent with those lengths!"

..

TheRubbersoul1991 .

Hi Tomas

Sorry I missed your email earlier.  I called at 0700 for about 45 minutes, but no reply.

It is 0944 UTC here now.  I will be calling tonight on 20m from about 1100 UTC beaming short path Eu.

Frequency will be:
Centre 14.0729
Dial 14.0714
Mode 8/250

I also hold the SSB call sign so will switch to that if Olivia is not active.

Thanks
73
Phil