Topics

QRV Olivia

Austin 2E0MNV

Hi, thanks for the approval for me to join the group.  I like the Olivia digital mode and I do put a CQ call out every now and then but my station is only very modest and in the case of the Olivia mode I find I'm more successful with a search and pounce.

Very happy to find an Olivia dedicated group so thought I would post here to announce that I will be QRV today and tomorrow calling CQ on 40m, 20m and perhaps even 15m between 1100 and 1500 UTC.  If you hear me, congratulations as I'm only using 50W into an end fed long wire, or on 15m, my homebrew moxon beam.

Hopefully my post will have the double effect of encouraging activity even if they don't hear me and increasing the chance of someone hearing me.

Thanks and best regards,

Austin 2E0MNV

Leo Bally

which mode 2eomnv?

Leo Bally
OK8LEO
Stribrna Lhota 1021
Mnisek pod brdy
25210 Czech Republic

Austin 2E0MNV

Edited

Hi, I will use the modes and frequencies stated in this thread (proposed 2020) https://groups.io/g/Olivia/topic/73963474

8/250 on 40m and 15m
32/1000 on 20m

Leo Bally

which mode ?

On 28 Jan 2021, at 09:25, Austin 2E0MNV <avaughan585@...> wrote:

Hi, thanks for the approval for me to join the group.  I like the Olivia digital mode and I do put a CQ call out every now and then but my station is only very modest and in the case of the Olivia mode I find I'm more successful with a search and pounce.

Very happy to find an Olivia dedicated group so thought I would post here to announce that I will be QRV today and tomorrow calling CQ on 40m, 20m and perhaps even 15m between 1100 and 1500 UTC.  If you hear me, congratulations as I'm only using 50W into an end fed long wire, or on 15m, my homebrew moxon beam.

Hopefully my post will have the double effect of encouraging activity even if they don't hear me and increasing the chance of someone hearing me.

Thanks and best regards,

Austin 2E0MNV

Leo Bally

I am standby on 14106 dial on 32/1k

Leo Bally
OK8LEO
Stribrna Lhota 1021
Mnisek pod brdy
25210 Czech Republic

On 28 Jan 2021, at 11:54, Austin 2E0MNV <avaughan585@...> wrote:

Hi, I will use the modes and frequencies stated here https://groups.io/g/Olivia/guidelines

8/250 on 40m and 15m
32/1000 on 20m

Austin 2E0MNV

ok I will go to 20m. Please stand by

Leo Bally

I receive you louad and clear

Leo Bally
OK8LEO
Stribrna Lhota 1021
Mnisek pod brdy
25210 Czech Republic

On 28 Jan 2021, at 11:54, Austin 2E0MNV <avaughan585@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi, I will use the modes and frequencies stated in this thread (proposed 2020) https://groups.io/g/Olivia/topic/73963474

8/250 on 40m and 15m
32/1000 on 20m

Austin 2E0MNV

Thank you for the QSO Leo.  Your S/N at my station was -6dB and I copied you 100%

73 de 2E0MNV

Leo Bally

it was great to copy you fro 100% S= 0 here

Leo Bally
OK8LEO
Stribrna Lhota 1021
Mnisek pod brdy
25210 Czech Republic

On 28 Jan 2021, at 12:42, Austin 2E0MNV <avaughan585@...> wrote:

Thank you for the QSO Leo.  Your S/N at my station was -6dB and I copied you 100%

73 de 2E0MNV

Steve Richards

Hi Austin,

I don’t know whether you have 80m but many Olivia stations can be found after dark in the segment close to 3583kHz.

There is a UK daytime focus on 5398.5kHz but appreciate that you are not able to operate there.

73 de Steve G4HPE

Hi, thanks for the approval for me to join the group.  I like the Olivia digital mode and I do put a CQ call out every now and then but my station is only very modest and in the case of the Olivia mode I find I'm more successful with a search and pounce.

Very happy to find an Olivia dedicated group so thought I would post here to announce that I will be QRV today and tomorrow calling CQ on 40m, 20m and perhaps even 15m between 1100 and 1500 UTC.  If you hear me, congratulations as I'm only using 50W into an end fed long wire, or on 15m, my homebrew moxon beam.

Hopefully my post will have the double effect of encouraging activity even if they don't hear me and increasing the chance of someone hearing me.

Thanks and best regards,

Austin 2E0MNV

I am calling on 20m 32/1000 14.106 dial +1500 Hz.

De VE3EEI