Topics

QRV 30m

Matthias HB9EGM

Hello all,

between now and tomorrow 1200z I'm QRV on 10141.4 kHz + 1500 in OLIVIA
8/250 with HB9HI. We're participating in the World Castle Weekend
www.wcagroup.org and would be happy to have a sked with one of you!

73
Matthias
HB9EGM

Robert Allbright

Called cq several times, nothing doing
going back to cw on other bands
Rob
G3RCE

Bryan Page

I did the same, most disappointing...

73 Bryan M0IHY

On 20/06/2020 19:24, Robert Allbright wrote:
Called cq several times, nothing doing
going back to cw on other bands
Rob
G3RCE

Dave_G0WBX

S7+ (of VDSL?) noise, on 30m today, no hint of anything getting through
that.

73.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software:

Dave_G0WBX

17m is open, and fairly clear of noise, but the "chosen" Olivia
frequency is way too close to the FT8 melee for any filter I've got to
keep the AGC from being flattened by that form of QRM.

TS-870s, the highest LF cut filter one can dial up, is 1kHz, and there
are strong FT8 sig's well above that!

73.  Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software:

Joe Dz

On 17M, I usually set to 18.102 +WF 1500 and that puts me between FT8 on the low end and WISPR on the high end, but my TS590SG filters are open 3 kHz so they do get a little desensed.  But, up around 18.106, where I use to work RTTY, seems to be the wide open spaces.  In that stretch I never hear anyone.  May be worth considering.

Joe
K1YOW

Matthias HB9EGM

I guess it just wasn't the right moment. Another time!
73
Matthias
HB9EGM

From: Joe Dz
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 08:11:39 PDT

On 17M, I usually set to 18.102 +WF 1500 and that puts me between FT8 on the low end and WISPR on the high end, but my TS590SG filters are open 3 kHz so they do get a little desensed.  But, up around 18.106, where I use to work RTTY, seems to be the wide open spaces.  In that stretch I never hear anyone.  May be worth considering.

Joe
K1YOW

Hmmm...  OK will try up there at some point.   I now some people get "fussy" about bandplans, but over here anyway they are not obligatory, just that you must not cause undue interference, especially to any "primary user", and keep all ones signal between the band edges.

I also make a point of having a speaker live on the RX, just in case someone shouts.

Guess in such circumstances, full RSID, "video mode ID" and CW id would help while calling.

Cheers Joe.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: