Topics

Olivia HB to ZL today on 40m

Roland

It can be done even in sunspot minimum with 100W and a dipole, 11600 miles , Olivia 8/250

73

Tom DF5JL

What are the calls of both OPs?

73 Tom DF5JL

Am 15.01.2020 12:47 schrieb Roland <roland@...>:

It can be done even in sunspot minimum with 100W and a dipole, 11600 miles , Olivia 8/250

73

Raul M0ZZM

Yes - I had an Olivia QSO on 20m with a station near Melbourne in Australia a couple of days ago (about 16000 Km from here), by using 40W and a detuned triangular loop 7m agl.

Solar minimum is the best - when the sunspots return it's going to be mayhem out there. The secret? Turn on the radio, tune on one of the waterholes and call CQ if the frequency is free. And don't forget to advertise on hamspots.net.

Raul M0ZZM

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 at 11:47, Roland <roland@...> wrote:
It can be done even in sunspot minimum with 100W and a dipole, 11600 miles , Olivia 8/250

73

Roland

Edited

Darren Ream

ZL1WN and HB9HAE.  From here in Idaho on my lowly 40m dipole, I had 98% copy on ZL1WN but could not copy HBHAE.

Darren, NY7Z