Topics

Modified FLDigi for Olivia

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

Hi,
I wonder if anybody has come across this http://www.oliviamode.com/wb8rol_xtra.htm? It is a shame that the developer has abandoned the project and doing something similar is well beyond my talents. It would be a very useful and nice thing to have for Olivia.
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

G8JCF

Hi Guy

That's a great site, bags of info

Thanks for sharing

Peter - GM8JCF

Guy,  Peter ,and group:

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 1:19 PM G8JCF Peter, <g8jcfsdr@...>, wrote:

Hi Guy

That's a great site, bags of info

Thanks for sharing

I agree: there is a lot of information about Olivia on that site.  Some of it, though, is out of date (it is dated).  But, there are some core things that remain relevant.

I've downloaded the source code, and will start taking a look at it.  I'm a senior software developer, mostly in C#.  It might be that this code is in C#.  I'll know, later in the week.

Cheers,

Tomas / NW7US dit dit

--

73 de Tomas, NW7US dit dit

https://QRZ.com/db/NW7US
Space weather and radio propagation editor for CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, and The Spectrum Monitor magazine.

+ YouTube: https://YouTube.com/NW7US
+ Social Media:
    - Twitter:  @NW7US = https://Twitter.com/NW7US
    - Facebook (As NW7US):  https://fb.me/NW7US
    - Facebook (As Space Weather and Radio Propagation Page):  https://fb.me/spacewx.hfradio
    - Blog: https://blog.nw7us.us

..

G8JCF

Hi Tomas

Fldigi is written in C++ using the Fast and Light Toolkit.

I did look at making some changes to fldigi, but found that it was much easier to use the xmlRPC API for what I wanted to do, ie OLCTL.

73

Peter - GM8JCF

Brian Morrison

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 12:43 -0700, G8JCF wrote:
Fldigi is written in C++ using the Fast and Light Toolkit.
Always possible to ask Dave Freese if what is being asked for is not
too difficult.

He's to be found on the linuxham list.

--

Brian G8SEZ