Topics

Help Request: Today through Sunday - Your help is needed #Olivia

HELP REQUEST!

HELP! WHO CAN HELP ME THIS WEEK AND WEEKEND?
I AM MAKING A VIDEO INTRODUCTION TO THE OLIVIA DIGITAL MODE
I am putting together a video presentation for a virtual hamfest - a half-hour video introducing Olivia.
I'd like to record a few QSOs using various tone and bandwidth configurations. I am hoping find some volunteers for various times of day so we can beat the propagation.
Please let me know if you are able - and are within the range of reliable propagation between you and Ohio, USA.
To let me know, you can simply comment here, but you might also email me direct. My email address is current in QRZ.com
Thanks! I am hoping to win over some new converts. Your help is much appreciated.
73 de NW7US
..
--

73 de NW7US dit dit
"Mind your dits and dahs and the spaces between elements and words; be consistent with those lengths!"

..

VE3EEI/VA3UOT is ready to roll!

All bands except 160m.

73,

Paul

[...]

Grif Griffith

Post frequencies and schedule here for us rookies to lurk n learn please?

On Feb 18, 2021 13:51, "Tomas, NW7US" <nw7us.heliophile@...> wrote:
[...]

Roland

I am ready if you wanna give it a try. Best time/frequency would be 1600 UTC on 20m 8/250

de HB9VQQ

Daniel Wiley

Tomas,

I am I, Dan N9BAV, Fort Worth Texas

dan

Bryan Page

I believe JS8Call has the 2nd weekend of each month as a QSO Party, it's regular and JS8Call users know when, why not organise something similar for Olivia?

73 Bryan M0IHY

On 18/02/2021 21:51, Tomas, NW7US wrote:
[...]

KJ3LR

I've made a handful of Olivia contacts on 14.070.150 MHz...
I'll be listening for you.

Eric

I'm around most of the time all set up on Olivia.  So, send freq and time on here and I'll fire up !!

73 - ERIC
G4VZZ

It is about 23:45 on 18 FEB 2021, UTC.

I am at dial frequency 7.0714 MHz, and my waterfall center point (the center of the cursor/pointer) is at 1500 Hz.  That means that my center frequency is upper side-band 7.0729 MHz.

I am starting with 8MSK, in 250 Hz bandwidth (or, commonly known as 8/250).

If you hear me, please let me know as well as try to respond.  I am recording these QSOs.

Thanks,

Tomas / NW7US

--

73 de NW7US dit dit
"Mind your dits and dahs and the spaces between elements and words; be consistent with those lengths!"
SKCC Nr. 4758s / FISTS Nr. 7055 / LICW Nr. 653
NW7US on QRZ / NW7US on YouTubeTwitterFacebookBlog
Space weather and radio propagation editor for
      - CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, and,
      - The Spectrum Monitor magazine.

..

Eric

18th FEB 2021...    Sending CQ's  8MSK now 00:15   7.0714 MHz

Nothing heard so far.....

G4VZZ

Eric

OOOPS I mean 19th now  :-)

Yeah, 19th.

I lost the Wisconsin station. I'm taking a dinner break now...

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 7:17 PM Eric <eric@...> wrote:
OOOPS I mean 19th now  :-)

--

73 de NW7US dit dit
"Mind your dits and dahs and the spaces between elements and words; be consistent with those lengths!"
SKCC Nr. 4758s / FISTS Nr. 7055 / LICW Nr. 653
NW7US on QRZ / NW7US on YouTubeTwitterFacebookBlog
Space weather and radio propagation editor for
      - CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, and,
      - The Spectrum Monitor magazine.

..

Raul M0ZZM

Hi Tom, do you have the 30m?

Jim Irving

*HB9VQQ,*

Can you tell me please what the name of that software is?

*TO OLIVIA USERS*.

Sorry, my neighbour just 4 houses along really enjoys his CW competitions, he has been doing them

for 50+ years and there is no-way I would interfere with him as he's such a lovely 'ham'.

There is one this weekend he is going to take part in.

Hope this all goes well Olivia guys.

Jim ZL2BMH.

On 19/02/2021 11:32 am, Roland wrote:
I am ready if you wanna give it a try. Best time/frequency would be 1600 UTC on 20m 8/250

de HB9VQQ
--
*Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH*

Lee - WB4QOJ 30MDG #1835

I'm in. Lee WB4QOJ W. Metro Atlanta

--
*Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH*

Jim Irving

*HB9VQQ*

*Roland,  thank you for your offer but I will leave it for this*

*morning as Frank (ZL2B sometimes ZL2BR) will surely be*

*on. However, thank you for being so helpful, I really appreciate*

*it.
*

*Incedently Roland what was the name of propogation software*

*you put up.*

*Regards, Jim ZL2BMH*

On 19/02/2021 1:37 pm, Jim Irving wrote:
*HB9VQQ,*

Can you tell me please what the name of that software is?

*TO OLIVIA USERS*.

Sorry, my neighbour just 4 houses along really enjoys his CW competitions, he has been doing them

for 50+ years and there is no-way I would interfere with him as he's such a lovely 'ham'.

There is one this weekend he is going to take part in.

Hope this all goes well Olivia guys.

Jim ZL2BMH.

On 19/02/2021 11:32 am, Roland wrote:
I am ready if you wanna give it a try. Best time/frequency would be 1600 UTC on 20m 8/250

de HB9VQQ
--
*Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH*

Roland