No Decode?

Rich

Hi,I tried setting up Olivia for the net on 7083 and  could not get the program to decode.I use Fldigi and i set the 2 bars within the signal on the waterfall.any advice?I used Olivia 1k which I think was correct.I tried a few other data rates.I was set for USB.RTTY,PSK 31 work fine so far.
Thanks
73
Rich

Phil Davidson

hi Rich.
Not much to go on.
Are you getting garbage as a decode?
If yes then the ONLY thing it can be is wrong 'data rate' assuming that a signal is there.

Here is a link to a very good web site for signal identification.
https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Signal_Identification_Guide
Once you can see/hear the signal the data rate is easy to spot.
Regards - Phil

Rich

Edited

Phil  thanks for the reply and thanks for link.I was listening to the Olivia net that gets together on 40 meters last night.I wasn't certain but I thought it I had the right data rate.I tried all of them and still could get anything to work.Yes I was getting information on the decode but it was giberish.
73
Rich
KB1FGC

Jim Falls

I’ll chime in: is your fldigi in REV mode? I do 850 milsurp-RTTY, and have that happen when I forget and switch modes.

Jim Falls K6FWT

On Apr 16, 2021, at 16:13, Rich via groups.io <marzo7088@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Phil  thanks for the reply and thanks for link.I was listening to the Olivia net that gets together on 40 meters last night.I wasn't certain but I thought it I had the right data rate.I tried all of them and still could get anything to work.Yes I was getting information on the decode but it was giberish.
73
Rich
KB1FGC

Ron NR8O

Hi Rich,

I sometimes check in with those guys (Olivia Group) at 8pm on 40 meters. We use Olivia 16/1000 on 7.083 MHz using USB, centered at 1500 Hz in the passband.. As Jim, K6FWT mentioned make sure you don't have the reverse sideband selected in Fldigi. Shoot me a PM if you want to make a SKED some time to try it out, and always welcome to jump in and say hello.

73,
Ron NR8O