Topics

20m happenings --Frequency

Ross Biggar

Can I suggest that when the frequencies are sorted out that it will be important to stress that e can use a band of frequencies,
and not just the 1500 offset.
I have noticed that stations use that 1500 and then end up right on top of stations already operating there.  Not good practice.

Also today on 20m we had an american FT8 station with a very strong signal at approx 14072. This is not good if FT8 starts to move down.
Also a lot of Domino EX, from Asiatic Russia  it works well and is faster than Olivia 8/250.

Best wishes to all

Ross
ZL1WN

Robert Allbright

The updated JS8 now takes some beating and is slowly getting more popular 😊
I like all digital modes.
73
Rob
G3RCE

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020, 4:33 AM Ross Biggar <ross.biggar@...> wrote:
Can I suggest that when the frequencies are sorted out that it will be important to stress that e can use a band of frequencies,
and not just the 1500 offset.
I have noticed that stations use that 1500 and then end up right on top of stations already operating there.  Not good practice.

Also today on 20m we had an american FT8 station with a very strong signal at approx 14072. This is not good if FT8 starts to move down.
Also a lot of Domino EX, from Asiatic Russia  it works well and is faster than Olivia 8/250.

Best wishes to all

Ross
ZL1WN

Norm Fasoletos

Any idea when the final decision will be made for what Olivia frequencies to use and what bands?

Looking forward to getting on the and working Olivia stations....

73

Norm-K7NWF

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 1:38 AM Robert Allbright <g3rce1@...> wrote:
[...]

I am working on it.  Going is slow after my surgery.

In the meantime, the general idea is to work the bands starting with the calling frequencies as shown in the graphic at the top of http://OliviaDigitalModes.org - but if FT8 is interfering, then move down just below them.  That will work in the meantime... seems to, anyway.  Plenty of people are making QSOs, and QSOs are going on every day...

See you on the bands!

Tomas

NW7US

--
Thank you,
Tomas David Hood - NW7US

“For me, great algorithms are the poetry of computation. Just like verse, they can be terse, allusive, dense, and even mysterious. But once unlocked, they cast a brilliant new light on some aspect of computing. ” — Francis Sullivan

“An algorithm must be seen to be believed.” — Donald Knuth

Twitter:   https://Twitter.com/NW7US (@NW7US)
Google+    http://nw7us.us/+

The information contained in this communication is confidential, proprietary, and intended for the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication or unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and DO NOT ACT UPON, FORWARD, COPY, OR OTHERWISE DISSEMINATE IT OR ITS CONTENT

--

73 de Tomas, NW7US dit dit

https://QRZ.com/db/NW7US
Space weather and radio propagation editor for CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, and The Spectrum Monitor magazine.

+ YouTube: https://YouTube.com/NW7US
+ Social Media:
    - Twitter:  @NW7US = https://Twitter.com/NW7US
    - Facebook (As NW7US):  https://fb.me/NW7US
    - Facebook (As Space Weather and Radio Propagation Page):  https://fb.me/spacewx.hfradio
    - Blog: https://blog.nw7us.us

..

Norm Fasoletos

Thanks for your reply Tomas and the good information.

Take care, wishing you a speedy recovery after your surgery...

73

Norm K7NWF