Olivia Digital Mode Radioteletype on HF Olivia@groups.io
Group DescriptionOLIVIA is an amateur digital radioteletype mode designed by Pawel Jalocha SP9VRC in 2003, and in full use by 2005. It's goal was to be effective even in poor propagation conditions. It can also decode well under other noise, QSB, QRM, flutter caused by polar path propagation and even auroral conditions. Olivia uses 7-bit ASCII alphabet. There were a handful of amateur digital modes that were derived from Olivia, including CONTESTIA, RTTYM and PAX.
This mode is utilized during the tests run by the VoA every weekend. See the VoA RadioGram website for the schedule.
We are on Facebook, in the Olivia Digital Mode on HF group.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Posts must be tagged with at least one hashtag.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.