OB-8

ken

Hi,
I live in Baltimore and am wondering if there is an Oberheim expert anywhere in my region. I have an OB8 that works, but has some kind of periodic electrical issue.  I used the arpeggio for recording, some low pads, but I have a perfectly working Juno 6 that serves my needs, and now I haven't powered the OB8 up for over 10 years for fear of messing something up. I am interested in selling it but would at least like a diagnosis.  Thanks for any help!! Ken Mosher

ken

I have been refered to some diagnostic videos.  I have powered up...  no issues.  Ran autotune.  All voices are working, or not failing autotune.  I have sound.  I am ordering a simple voltmeter and will run through the callibration manual.  I would still like some repair recommendations in the Baltimore area.  Thanks and Happy Holidays!! Here are some pics of the guts of this synth.

Krokkie

Hello and welcome Ken, that's a nice looking OB8. Unfortunately I don't know any synth techs in Baltimore.

I realise this won't be of any help to you, but for those who live in the UK, I've used the Synthprof before to overhaul a faulty 70's era analog synth. It's probably worth starting a thread on known synth techs wherever they may be in the world.

http://www.synthprof.com/wordpress/

Have you asked around yet at Gearslutz? Somebody there should have recommendations, if you get any please add them here.

Daniel Nigrin

You could try contacting Jeff Koepper, https://jeffreykoepper.com/ and not sure if he’s still at vco3@... .   Don’t believe he does repairs himself, but I believe he’s in the Maryland area, a synth enthusiast, and he may very well know someone.

Dan

--

Dan Nigrin / Defective Records / https://defectiverecords.com

Fauxmo: a Fizmo editor / Cyclic, M185 & Klee Sequencers / MC-4, MC-202 and DSX Hacks

From: <Oberheim@groups.io> on behalf of ken <ken_mosher@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 12:01 AM
To: <Oberheim@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Oberheim] OB-8