New users, new challenges

Krokkie

Hi Everybody

Quite a few new members joined recently so if there is interest in using this group as a base for gear and related discussions it would be useful if we added a few users to help manage things and the group is not reliant on one person in case of absences?

There aren't any expectations of having to put in much work, just to deal with occasional approvals of new posters, getting rid of spammers (if any) and so on. Any volunteers? :)

Dennis Barrington

Id be willing.  Though I don’t know the way, lol

On Dec 15, 2020, at 6:46 AM, Krokkie <Oberheim+owner@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Everybody

Quite a few new members joined recently so if there is interest in using this group as a base for gear and related discussions it would be useful if we added a few users to help manage things and the group is not reliant on one person in case of absences?

There aren't any expectations of having to put in much work, just to deal with occasional approvals of new posters, getting rid of spammers (if any) and so on. Any volunteers? :)

Krokkie

Thanks Dennis, I'll elevate your privileges. It's fairly straight-forward. Just learn by doing I guess. Any questions, just ask me.
If you spot any accounts spamming, disable their accounts and so on. :)

The current setting for new accounts is to allow posting once they've made one post that was checked and approved. (For example, if they're a legitimate synthesizer enthusiast and not an advertiser or spammer.)

Any other takers?

Dennis Barrington

Will do!

On Dec 15, 2020, at 7:30 AM, Krokkie <Oberheim+owner@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Dennis, I'll elevate your privileges. It's fairly straight-forward. Just learn by doing I guess. Any questions, just ask me.
If you spot any accounts spamming, disable their accounts and so on. :)

The current setting for new accounts is to allow posting once they've made one post that was checked and approved. (For example, if they're a legitimate synthesizer enthusiast and not an advertiser or spammer.)

Any other takers?

Steve KS4KJ

I can help too if you want another moderator.

Steve KS4KJ

Krokkie

Hello Steve

Many thanks, I've added you as another moderator.

Best regards